Wednesday, June 4, 2014

23 Mobile Things. Thing 22. Discovering Apps

I like the option of being able to search for apps using a search engine so I tried using Quixey. I tried using the site's suggestion "identify songs" and thought the results list was helpful and contained an interesting variety of apps. I downloaded Name that song onto my iPhone and tried searching for lyrics with mixed results. Next I downloaded Shazam and played a song that is not played on mainstream radio stations. The app asked for permission to access my microphone and then all I had to do was tap on the icon so it could record the music. Almost instantly the cover art for Ghost Beach's Miracle appeared on my iPhone screen. As I scrolled to the lower part of the screen there were icons for Bio, Discography, Next concert, and Preview or buy. Next I searched for Nassa by Anders P. Bongo who sings traditional Sami Joiks and once again the match results were almost immediate. I am so impressed with this app and will continue to use Quixey to hopefully find others as good as this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment