Monday, June 2, 2014

23 Mobile Things. Thing 16. Audio

SoundCloud seemed like a really interesting app for staying current with new music, comedy & audio so I downloaded it onto my iPad. I signed up for an account, selected various categories including electronic, classical, and folk & world music. I received the message, "We are working on filling your stream, should be ready soon." After receiving the stream I went exploring and listened to "Near light" by an artist I was not familiar with, Olafur Arnalds, an Icelandic multi instrumentalist and producer. I searched for a re-mix artist and producer I was familiar with, Gigamesh, and was impressed that 42 of his songs were available through this app. I was surprised to hear a field sparrow bird song and realized that it had originated from a Smithsonian Folkways recording. I really like this app and plan on listening to it while working on my other "Things."

No comments:

Post a Comment