Tuesday, June 3, 2014

23 Mobile Things. Thing 18. Education

The first app I downloaded onto my iPhone was iTranslate free since it will be helpful to me on a professional level and personally while traveling internationally. I tested out the accuracy by typing in text from a multilingual book in French, German and English and the translation results were very accurate. The translations are provided in both text and audio. However, when trying to speak a phrase in German to be translated into English, I received a prompt to buy iTranslate premium for $4.99. At this time I do not need this verbal translation feature however I would purchase it before traveling internationally since it would be very helpful when trying to communicate with taxi drivers, dealing with emergency situations, etc. I then downloaded Duolingo : learn languages for free and Advanced English Dictionary and Thesaurus which will also be very useful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment