Tuesday, March 11, 2014

23 Mobile Things. Thing 5. Notetaking.


 I was interested in Dragon dictation since it would provide the option of notetaking without needing to use the keyboard on my iPhone. The tutorial was helpful and after a quick download I tapped the Record button and began testing out this speech to text app. I practiced with a grocery list and used the command 'Next line" as the "Return" key. When I had finished I selected "Done." I wanted to save this list to my Apple notes so I selected the Arrow icon in the lower right screen and chose "Copy." I returned to the main screen and selected "Notes", followed by "New" where I tapped the screen and selected "Paste" which automatically saved my list. This process also worked well with emails and text messages. At this point I decided to download this app onto my iPad. It offers an "i" icon in the lower right screen that provides useful information including commonly used commands. I decided to use Dragon dictation to record this blog and was able to save it to Blogger.  

1 comment:

  1. Nice way to try it out and post for others to see how you use the app. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete