Saturday, March 8, 2014

23 Mobile Things. Thing 2. Mobile Device tips.

My mobile device of choice for this "Thing" was my iPhone and I found the ICOPILOT tutorials and various articles very helpful. The concept of sliding screens from right to left has been useful for determining the time of my texts and for accessing the trash option when managing my emails. Spent some time experimenting with the various camera filters including the black and white mono, tonal and noir options. While using the Control Center I turned off Air Drop to save on battery life ... other features allowed me to brighten the screen, turn on the flashlight and set the alarm clock sound to Night Owl. Enjoyed customizing the Weather app by adding more locations from around the world and it was nice being able to check for sunrise/sunset times. Made adjustments to the text size and was happy with the results. Used the Compass to access the Spirit level and placed it on my kitchen counter top which verified that it was level by displaying zero degrees with a green screen. Was not aware that the gender of Siri's voice could be changed so tried this out as well.  

No comments:

Post a Comment