Sunday, March 9, 2014

23 Mobile Things. Thing 4. Keeping up.

I added Zite to my iPad being that I use it as my main device for reading. I haven't used an app like this before, but after downloading it and adding four categories to create my top stories, I am hooked. Now instead of having to go out to various websites to read the news, Zite brings the news to my app based on my categories. Using the Quicklist icon in the upper right screen allowed me to add more categories. To the left of this icon is the Search icon that I used to find professional reading suggestions. I typed in the term libraries and was able to add American Libraries Magazine to my categories. I really like how layered and interconnected these news articles are. I came across an iPhone article and was able to immediately add iPhone apps as a category. For me apps like Zite are an efficient and enjoyable way for keeping up with the news and with professional reading. I am looking forward to adding this app to my lunchtime reading material.

1 comment:

  1. Zite was just purchased by Flipboard--it will be interesting to see what happens to it next. I have used it for a long time--or I should say, I used it when it was new & abandoned it for awhile because I didn't like how it changed. Now I really like it again.

    ReplyDelete