Sunday, May 18, 2014

23 Mobile Things. Thing 8. Social Media Management Tools

For this thing I have selected Facebook to download onto my iPad. Thought I would use this as an opportunity to see how my library system's site interfaces with Facebook. It was nice to see that under Recent Posts a local author was excited to see that her book was on order and that upcoming programs and events were being promoted. I searched for items in the catalog even though my personal preference is to go directly to our library site to search the catalog and manage my account. However I do think it is important to use Facebook from time to time to monitor how well it is working. Navigating my catalog searches with more than one page in Facebook resulted in the error message "There was a problem communicating with the library server. Please try again." I will follow up on this with co-workers to see if it was a temporary issue or if it is an ongoing issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment